American Airlines Center is one of the nation’s top arenas. Since openings its doors in 2001, American Airlines Center has been setting the precedent for sporting and live entertainment events. Bringing in a variety of big name shows and housing both the Dallas Mavericks and the Dallas Stars.
American Airlines Center serves more than 2 million guests during 200+ live events each year. We aim to provide genuine, memorable and innovative experiences to every single one of our guests and demand excellence and creativity in everything we do.
Integrate, monitor and administer professional execution of all arena and ancillary space events. Strategize and direct all departments’ involvement in third party events. Supervise all event logistics and operational matters for the facilities major tenants (Dallas Stars, Dallas Mavericks). Oversee the management of the facility’s calendar and provide support for all departments to ensure facility readiness and continuous exemplary event operations.
- Manages and executes the planning of all events and functions at the American Airlines Center (“Center”).
- Assesses operational response and creates detailed memos directing facility set up of all event requirements, based upon client needs.
- Manages, evaluates and troubleshoots events effectively; recommending and implementing adjustments to reduce facilities expenses and increase event revenue while maintaining high levels of guest experience satisfaction.
- Utilizes AutoCAD to build event maps that comply with client/tour/team needs and building/city regulations.
- Acts as primary contact to the general public for inquiries related to leasing of Center space for meetings or special events.
- Compiles and maintains marketing inputs, estimates, insurance, contracts, facility procedures and billing for team or public special event use of arena and indoor/outdoor ancillary spaces with a critical eye for efficiency and profitability.
- Collaborates and provides recommendations, supervise and monitor the facility’s event workflow for all COC departments including Food and Beverage, Housekeeping and Sponsorship partners to ensure successful events.
- Conducts physical inspections of all areas of the facility to ensure accurate event setup and safety for patrons; keeping current on all fire code and safety laws.
- Researches client/tour information from other facilities to gain insight and increase levels of service to tenants, guests and promoters. Garners and maintains relationships with other facility event departments.
- Assists Director in facility scheduling and calendar tracking for organization of clients/tenants/maintenance specific requirements.
- Prepares and analyzes space utilization reports, event billing/receivables and revenue tracking for teams and clients.
- Acts as Manager on Duty in absence of any higher ranking personnel. Be available to assist any departments that require support.
- Manages communications with team representatives and promoters to regulate client/tenant specific event requirements and execute resolutions to these matters. Seeks input on overall satisfaction of AAC facility and staff to maintain positive relations.
- Schedules and conducts site surveys for future events and attend event related meetings.
- Generates Event Recap for each event noting items of importance in consideration for future events by compiling input from tenant representatives, promoters and senior staff.
- Supports the company’s core values and reflects a professional image in all dealings with customers, guests, co-workers, and prospective clients.
- Other duties as assigned
Education / Qualifications
- College Degree BS/BA
- Minimum two years of event production experience (games and live event tours) in a NBA and/or NHL franchise facility or an arena seating capacity over 10,000 with NCAA tenant, hosting large scale touring productions.
- Must be confident with excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to manipulate AutoCAD drawings.
- A detail oriented, quick thinking, problem solver who is self-motivated, composed under pressure and thrives in a team environment.
The qualified individual personifies our core values of INTEGRITY, TEAMWORK, PASSION, and EXCELLENCE at all times.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
- Ability to regularly stand, walk, talk, hear, use hands to handle or feel, and climb stairs for long periods of time and move quickly from one location to another as business dictates.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds unassisted.
- Ability to respond on an immediate basis during normal business hours, after hours and on weekends via mobile phone is required. A bi-weekly phone allowance is provided as compensation; employee must purchase phone, service plan and any repair and/or replacement.
- Ability to work flexible hours in a 24/7 facility to include evenings, weekends, nights, and holidays.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate; however, during events the noise level may be loud.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT – JOB ACCOMODATION REQUESTSAny individual who requests a job accommodation due to a physical or mental impairment will require a dialogue with Human Resources to determine if the individual can perform the essential duties of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation. Medical documentation will be required to support any request for medical restrictions that impact job duties.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Title – Event Manager
Company – American Airlines Center
Location – Dallas, TX